So, I work with some interesting people. I also interact with some interesting people. When you have a daily-published phone number and email address, you will get people who contact you. About anything.
But that's another topic.
A cast of characters (which may grow over time as I remember people):
M: a friend who covers the crime beat. Has a liberal political view on just about everything, and yet we still get along.
Editor 1 (E1): One of my editors, who is better at editing. You have to fight E1 hard in order to not be walked on all the time, because E1 will pile on as many assignments as you will say "OK" to.
Editor 2 (E2): my other editor, who is known by everyone at The Paper for sub-par editing abilities.
Exec. Editor (EE): We get along, EE listens to ideas and encourages where possible. But still a part of the management and feels the pressure a lot.
K: a close friend and one of The Paper's photographers. We have many inside jokes.
Then there are those I deal with on a regular basis:
#1 Fan: this woman calls and leaves me a voicemail nearly every day complaining about something - not necessarily on the same topic as the story she originally called me about.
L: a local politician who is cute and charming and is one of the inside jokes K and I share. Whenever we see him at an event, we tell the other about the latest "L sighting."
PD: whenever I have to call about a crime, arrest, etc. I deal with the same people at our police department. Sometimes it's good to be on a first name basis with the police.
Readers: sometimes, there are just people who see me on the street, at church, at work who complain or ask or share their opinion on my job/paper/writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment